About the role
This role is a core part of our strategy focused on delivering delightful customer experiences through excellent UI/UX front end development. You will also actively be working with the back-end developers to ensure a coherent f2b application development. You will work on improving our 'best in industry' mobile app, and customer portal, in addition to enhancements to internal tools.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Reporting into the Dev Lead, you will be working towards the realisation of the requirements set out by the product team.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute towards the definition of creative technical solutions that are performant, efficient, resilient and easily maintainable.
- You will work with other developers and operations staff in the day to day delivery of our systems.
We’re looking for someone who
- Has an interest in emerging residential technologies, including Connected Home, Demand Side Response, Solar, Batteries or electric vehicle charging
- Has recent experience in the development of technology systems either commercially or academically
- Is a maker, experimenter, finisher and problem solver
- Is keen to learn, able to adapt and pick up new challenges
- Recognises the importance of ‘maintenance & operations’ as much as development
- Is keen, bright and excited at the idea of taking real responsibility at an early point in their career and joining a dynamic and energetic company
- Works well with other developers, making the team greater than the sum of its parts
You’ll likely be early in your career as a full stack engineer. Ideally you’ll have:
- Full stack expertise with a good understanding of the server, network and hosting environment; solid object oriented skills and experience with relevant frameworks
- Excellent academic experience or if that wasn't your thing, then you'll have great practical experience
- Working experience of the Atlassian tool set to run and manage the development process
We've got an office in Southampton, but you can work from anywhere. We measure on output not input.
You’ll get a good salary, pension contributions and be eligible for an annual bonus. You'll also get 25 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays) and in time we'll offer healthcare. But we want you because you are motivated by the opportunity to be part of something unique, exciting and enjoyable.